Frank J. Valente, DC, CCSP
Board Certified Chiropractor
Board Certified Chiropractic Sports Physician
Certified Kinesio Taping Practitioner
ALINE Certified Expert
Dr. Valente graduated from Texas Chiropractic College in Houston, Texas, with a focus on Radiology, Rehabilitation, and Myofascial Disorders. During this time he received a certification in Acupuncture and was trained in Concussion Grading, Athletic Taping and Kinesio Taping techniques. At the same time he joined the Baseball Sports Medicine Institute where he treated Professional and Amateur athletes.
In 2001, he joined Broadway Orthopedic and Sports Specialists in New York City as Director of Chiropractic Services and was a team doctor for the NIKE Pro-Am Basketball League for 6 years. He works along with Orthopedic Surgeons, Physical Therapists, Massage Therapists, and Personal Trainers from Gyms, all over New York City. In 2006 he co-founded Elite Health & Sports Chiropractic, P.C.
Dr. Valente has obtained the postgraduate education as a Certified Chiropractic Sports Physician by the American Chiropractic Board of Sports Physicians. This certification is specific to physical fitness and the evaluation and treatment of injuries encountered in sports. In 2006 & 2007, Dr. Valente was part of the medical team at the AVP Pro Beach Volleyball Tour in Brooklyn, NY. Dr. Valente has been quoted in Women's Health and the New Yorker magazines.
Dr. Valente is certified in FAKTR, which stands for "Functional and Kinetic Treatment with Rehabilitation." It was developed to help speed recovery from chronic musculoskeletal pain syndromes and has also been shown to work extremely well on acute musculoskeletal & myofascial conditions. This technique uses instrument assisted soft tissue and manual therapies, combine with Kinesio taping and various low-tech rehabilitation devices such as Thera-Band simultaneously. This approach provides a powerful stimulus to healing tissues.
Dr. Valente is one of the few chiropractors in New York who performs Manipulation Under Anesthesia (Gordon Technique), a valuable procedure for people with chronic neck, back, and joint problems who have not been responsive to conventional treatment.
Dr. Valente is a proud member of the United States Sports Chiropractic Federation which promotes the development and care of athletes at international sporting events.
In these web pages you'll find complete library of information about leading chiropractic diagnoses, treatments and technologies related to your health, information about our office, including our location, maps, directions, hours, insurance policies and appointment scheduling. Please feel free to contact us with any questions you have.
We hope you'll find our practice offers the accessibility and personal commitment you look for from a doctor of chiropractic. Our office hopes you will return to this site whenever you have a question about your health and well being. We also encourage you to contact our sports chiropractor – either by phone or email. We look forward to working with you to keep your body healthy!
10 Things You Should Know About Certified Sports Chiropractors, They...
- Posses specialized knowledge of sports injuries and physical fitness.
- Are experts in the function of the body during movement, from high-level athletics to everyday activities.
- Can help optimize performance enhancement by applying an advanced understanding of musculoskeletal function and athletic training.
- Offer individualized care that extend beyond spinal adjustment to include direct treatment of muscle and connective tissue.
- Focus on total body wellnes and reaching optimal functioning, not just reducing pain.
- Are immersed in the latest sports medicine research, trends and treatment techniques.
- Can integrate seamlessly with other healthcare practitioners to optimize your care.
- Are passionate proponents of physical fitness and skill sports medicine practitioners.
- Will help you achieve your peak performance with a breadth and depth of knowledge found only with their specific training.
- Comprise the top tier of the chiropractic profession.